Welcome to Idle Hands, my weekly segment where I discuss conversions, painting, and strategy for the Warhammer tabletop game…
I’ve been trying to sort my remaining minis, I’ve found I have a surprising amount of stuff that is still needs to be assembled including about 30 Marauders, 30 Warriors, 12 Knights, a few Ogres, 2 Daemon Princes, and who knows what else. I’ve also got a bit of Empire stuff to play around with, so I’ve definitely got plenty to keep me busy…
Not much to report here, and there likely won’t be until I get to work on the Chosen unit.
Marauder Horsemen, the Pleasure Seekers
I’ve re based the unit, added magnets and a custom tray for the unit. Now, they’re ready for paint.
I got a bit done here, but not nearly as much as I’d like. But a lot of testing has been done this week, so remaining models should go pretty smoothly.
First Marauder Horseman Finished!
I ended up using some resin bases from Scibor minis on my Marauders, I’ve got some matching bases for my Chosen and a couple of characters. I ended up using some cheap paint that I picked up from Hobby Lobby for the traditional Slaanesh colors, I’ve been using the greys from the Duracoat line for my stones on the bases but haven’t really tried the other colors until now. I’m pleased with the way it turned out, it certainly worked well for base coating. The metallics however aren’t quite as good, so I’ll continue using the paints in a limited fashion. If you’re going to be using any Slaanesh colors, I’d suggest giving their lavenders a look.
I started getting some of the initial colors down for the Dragon, I’m excited about him but I’ve decided to take my time with him.
Dragon Ogres Completed!
I used Water Effects with some ink to add some gore to the weapons, I also added some verdigris to the armor using a mix of Vallejo Verdigris and GW Dark Angels Green. It required a little experimentation to make it work, in the end I used cotton swabs and water to wipe away excess after brushing it onto an area. This gave me the results I was looking for, I’m pretty happy with how they turned out.
Next week I’ll have a final shot of the Dragon Ogres on their movement tray, there are a few minor details I want to add. And the pictures above were taken when the water effects gore was still wet. Additionally, I hope to have the remainder of the Marauder Horsemen ready, I should also have some progress on Galrauch. I hope to get a start on my Marauders as well. So, stay tuned…